40 Signs you are a Dog Mom (or Dad)!
Check out this list of 40 dog mom (or dad) signs! If you consider yourself totally dog obsessed then chances are you can probably relate to all of these sings that you are a dog mom! I know that you and your fur baby are quite the duo! How many of these dog mom (or dad) signs describe you? 1 point for each item! Let me know your score in the comments below!
1. You are a firm believer that dog hair is glitter.
2. You’ve given up trying to keep dog hair off your clothes. After all, what’s the point?
3. You’d rather spend money on dog toys than on yourself.
4. You’ve had full conversations with your dog.
5. You own things that say “dog mom” on them.
6. You‘ve purchased coordinated outfits or pajamas for you and your dog.
7. You’ve declined invitations from humans to spend time with your dog instead.
8. You strongly believe that if your dog isn’t invited then you aren’t going.
9. You plan trips centered around your dog.
10. You have over 5 different nicknames for your dog.
11. You make big decisions with your dog in mind (relationships, moves, jobs, etc).
12. You consider your fur child to be part of your family.
13. You include pictures of your dog on holiday cards (or only pictures of your dog and none of you).
14. You give your dog birthday and holiday gifts.
15. You’ve gotten a vehicle purchase geared specifically to your dog’s needs.
16. You have seasonal bandannas for your dog.
17. You have a mini panic attack when you can’t find your dog’s favorite toy.
18. You’ve purchased multiple identical versions of your dog’s favorite toy (to prevent #17).
19. Your dog has his/her own instagram account.
20. You have a dog treat cookie jar in your kitchen.
21. You’ve tasted a dog treat. You know, just to see what all the fuss is about.
22. You subscribe to a dog magazine or blog.
23. You know what your dog’s voice would sound like if he/she could talk.
24. You’ve recorded your dog when he/she was sleeping.
25. You show pictures of your dog to strangers from your cell phone or wallet..
26. You pick restaurants to go to based on whether they are dog friendly.
27. You’ve had a birthday (or gotcha day) party for your dog.
28. You belong to multiple facebook groups for dog lovers.
29. You set up playdates for your dog.
30. You have a framed picture of your dog in your home.
31. You know your dog’s mental stimulation is important.
32. You tell people that your dog is your child.
33. You attend all the dog friendly events in your area.
34.You have dog related decor in your home.
35. You find random dog treats in your pockets, purse, or car.
36. You’ve cleaned snot off windows more time than you can count.
37. You sign your dog’s name on birthday or holiday cards.
38. You’ve gotten your dog a birthday or “gotcha” day cake.
39. You and your dog never leave the house without a supply of poop bags.
40. You’ve baked your dog DIY dog biscuits.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s score on this list of god mom (or dad) signs! Also be sure to let me know if there are any other signs I didn’t mention! 🙂
P.S- Check out a related blog post:: Self Care for Dog moms! https://pawsfurjoy.com/selfcarefordogmoms/